This is a paid freelance, remote position - that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We deliver the biggest, most important industry happenings and provide deep analysis and sharp commentary through interviews, reviews, and much more. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute Reality TV content under the leadership of the Senior Reality TV Editor. Please note that this role does not involve video production, animation, or script writing.
We are looking for general Reality TV enthusiasts, though we are also looking for experts in particular areas:
- Home Reno/Real Estate (Million Dollar Listing LA,, Property Brothers, House Hunters, etc.)
- Real People (Below Deck, Queer Eye, Dance Moms, etc)
- Competition shows (The Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, etc.)
- Relationships (The Bachelor, Love Is Blind, Love Island, etc.)
- Write a minimum of 4 articles weekly under Collider’s house style (following the requisite training)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch a minimum of 3 Reality TV story ideas daily
- Remain up to date on upcoming releases and rumors
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Broad knowledge of Reality TV show, or expert knowledge of the show types listed above
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of hit Reality TV content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. In your cover letter, make sure to let us know how your knowledge and love of Reality TV would apply to Collider’s content!
Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
The hiring team at Collider will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: https://collider.com/
**This is a freelance, work from home position**